AKA the perfect summer grilling dish!
If you’re planning on breaking out the grill this weekend, I highly recommend you make this dish. It is really simple and there is very little clean-up (major plus in my book!). And if you just throw on some veggies with it, you got yourself an entire meal!
I found the recipe on Pinterest, which I pretty much use as my cookbook. You can find the original recipe here.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella
- 4 slices tomato
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- Heat grill. Salt and pepper each side of chicken and place on hot grill. Grill chicken for about 7 to 9 minutes on each side or until no longer pink and cooked through.
- Meanwhile heat balsamic vinegar in a small sauce pan and bring to a light boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10-15 minutes, stirring every few minutes. Vinegar will reduce and become thickened. Be careful not to cook it too long or it will be too thick to pour.
- Lightly brush sliced tomatoes with olive oil and place directly on the hot grill. Grill for about 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Once chicken is cooked leave on the grill and place 1 slice of fresh mozzarella on top. Then add grilled tomato and basil.
- Place on serving platter and drizzle with balsamic reduction.
The balsamic reduction really does it for me. I love the stuff. Make this for yourself or your guests and no one will be disappointed!
PS- Another simple summery addition to this meal can be found here!